Experienced Criminal Defense In Fort Dodge
The moment you are pulled over, investigated, questioned or arrested, your rights are jeopardized. It is true — the things you say can and will be used against you. Law enforcement and prosecutors are paid to look for incriminating details. They have the legal and financial resources to aggressively pursue charges against you. You need to have similar strength on your side.
More Than 50 Years In Iowa Law
At the law firm of Johnson, Kramer, Mulholland, Cochrane & Cochrane, P.L.C., we have decades of experience in the local legal community. As criminal defense attorneys, we know that sometimes we are the only thing standing between an individual’s freedom and incarceration.
We firmly believe everyone deserves the strongest defense possible. We can help you if you have been charged or are concerned that you are about to be charged with a crime in Iowa. We handle misdemeanor and felony offenses, including:
- Driver’s license infractions like driving without a license, driving with a suspended license, vehicle registration matters, etc.
- Traffic offenses like hit and runs, excessive speeding, vehicular manslaughter.
- Alcohol-related offenses like consumption by a minor or drunk driving (DUIs/DWIs).
- Drug-related offenses like possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, intent to sell, distribution or manufacturing of illicit drugs, prescription medication and other controlled substances.
- Violent crimes such as assault, assault and battery, assault with a deadly weapon, domestic violence, attempted murder, murder and homicide.
- Sex crimes like rape, statutory rape, sexual assault and child pornography offenses.
- Post-conviction matters like probation violations, expungement/criminal record sealing, diversions, etc.
Remember that a conviction on your record can lead to a wide range of consequences in your personal and professional life, even if you do not go to jail. You may lose your ability to own a firearm, lose access to government benefits, lose a child custody battle, or even struggle to find housing and employment.
Finding A Solution For You
We will pursue every avenue available to keep you out of trouble as much as possible. In some cases, this means working to have evidence suppressed due to an illegal traffic stop/search and seizure matter. In others, it means negotiating a favorable plea that allows you the greatest amount of freedom.
Every case is different, so contact us soon. You need defense quickly after you have been introduced into the criminal justice system. We can be reached at our offices in Fort Dodge ((515)-573-2181) and Gowrie (515-352-3111) to arrange a meeting.